The privacy of your Personal Information is important to us.
We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). Where applicable, we will rely on the employee records exemption in the Privacy Act and any other applicable exemptions in the Privacy Act or other legislation.
- What is Personal Information?
- What Personal Information do we collect and hold?
We may collect Personal Information from you that is necessary to support one or more of our functions or activities. The type of Personal Information we collect from you depends on your dealings with us and may include (but may not be limited to):
- your contact details including name, address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- your social media profile details;
- if you apply for a job with us or provide services to us (either as an employee or on a contracting basis), your name, address, telephone number, email address, academic results and qualifications, training records, expertise and experience, employment history, personal interests, current salary and salary expectations, bank details, referee reports and background information about you, for example whether you have a criminal record;
- if you make a purchase directly from us:
- your payment details such as credit card number, card type and expiry date;
- your purchasing history with us and your purchasing habits and preferences; and
- other profile information about you and your online browsing and shopping; and
- IP address, device identifiers and information:
- about how you use our websites (we may use web analytics services to do this); and
- from your computer or device allowing us to analyse trends, administer our websites, track your web navigation, and gather broad demographic information for aggregated use.
- How do we collect your Personal Information?
The most common ways we collect your Personal Information are:
- where you provide the information directly to us;
- when you subscribe to receive news updates from us;
- when you interact with our social media accounts or our websites;
- where you interact directly with our staff, such as our customer service team, including by email, by message sent via our website or by phone;
- where you provide information directly to us during a recruitment process;
- when you enter a competition that we run;
- where we receive information from third parties such as our service providers or your referees;
- from our related companies and affiliates;
- from publicly available sources; and
- through marketing and business development events.
- Purposes of collection and use of Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information:
- for the purposes for which we collected it (and related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you);
- for other purposes to which you have consented; and
- as otherwise authorised or required by law.
Some of the specific purposes for which we collect and use Personal Information are to:
- add you to our subscription list at your request and then send you information we consider may be of interest to you;
- provide you with the products and services that you have asked for;
- develop and improve our products, services and business;
- contact you with direct marketing communications (see section 6 below);
- facilitate your entry in a competition that we run;
- assist you with your enquiries and complaints; and
- comply with laws, including assisting government agencies or law enforcement investigations.
We may also collect and use your Personal Information as otherwise authorised or permitted by law.
- Direct marketing
Where permitted by law, we may contact you with direct marketing about our products or services or other companies’ products and services that you may interested in. We may contact you with direct marketing communications in various ways, including by mail, email, phone, text or multimedia message and by digital marketing including through our websites, social media or third-party websites.
If you don’t want to receive direct marketing communications, you can opt out by:
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- calling us on 1300 365 708 or +61 3 8681 2687 (outside Australia); or
- following the instructions in any direct marketing communication you receive from us (for example, using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in an email).
- Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with the purposes described in section 5 above.
This may include disclosing your Personal Information to the following types of third parties:
- our service providers including for example accountants, auditors, insurers, legal advisers, other professional advisers, mailing houses, marketing and promotions agencies, website and data hosting providers and other IT suppliers;
- companies who may use your personal information to tailor electronic advertising to you (for example on a webpage or a social media platform) in relation to our products and services;
- any third parties to whom you have directed or permitted us to disclose your personal information (e.g. referees);
- in the event that we or our assets may be acquired or considered for acquisition by a third party, that third party and its advisors;
- our related companies and affiliates;
- third parties that require the information for law enforcement or regulatory purposes or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; and
- others as permitted or required by law.
Some of our service providers may be located outside of Australia. For example, we may disclose your Personal Information to our service providers located in the USA.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Our web servers may gather your IP address when you visit our websites to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services.
We may use “cookies” and similar technology on our websites. “Cookies” are files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser that enable the website or service provider’s system to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information from your computer.
You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use some areas on our websites.
- How you can access and correct personal information we hold about you
You may seek access to Personal Information which we hold about you by contacting us as described in section 12 below. We will provide access to that information in accordance with the Privacy Act, subject to certain exemptions which may apply. We may require that the person requesting access provide suitable identification and where permitted by law we may charge an administration fee for granting access to your personal information.
If you become aware that any personal information we hold about you is incorrect or if you wish to update your information, please contact us as described in section 12 below.
- Links to third party websites
Our websites may provide links to third party websites. These linked websites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of the third parties that operate these websites. We recommend that you review the relevant third parties’ privacy policies and privacy collection statements.
- Questions, concerns and complaints
If you wish to contact us about any privacy-related matter, please use the contact details below:
The Privacy Officer
Made (Aust.) Pty Ltd
14 Rodeo Drive
DANDENONG SOUTH VIC 3175
1300 365 708 or +61 3 8681 2687 (outside Australia)
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about our collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information, please contact us. Please provide as much detail as possible in relation to your question, concern or complaint.
We will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need.